Looking to expand your marketing knowledge and stay current with what’s happening in the industry? Here are 12 websites you can bookmark.
The marketing potential of wearable technology like Google Glass. The content marketing explosion. The future of text message and mobile analytics. The rise of “social TV.”
Trends and technologies in the marketing industry change and evolve constantly. How do you, as a student in an online business degree program, stay up-to-date on the latest news, research and emerging fields, so that you can be prepared for the next career opportunity?
One thing you can do is bookmark some of these leading marketing websites – and then visit them regularly. Doing so will only enhance the knowledge you’re gaining from your coursework.
And, as Renaissance thinker Francis Bacon said more than 400 years ago, “Knowledge is power.”
In this case, the power to be prepared for your dream job in marketing!
1. Advertising Age: This industry magazine got its start in 1930 and now offers tons of digital content on marketing, advertising, social media, data, and more. The Resources tab offers webcasts, industry guides, and research reports (some for a fee). Check the On Campus tab for info on discounted subscription rates for students. The Creativity section covers what editors believe are the best video, print, and interactive ads.
2. American Marketing Association (AMA): Keep up-to-date on advertising, marketing, customer engagement, digital marketing, and more at this industry association’s website. Plus, learn about upcoming AMA conferences. The site has a special section for students, including info on student events, awards and competitions, AMA chapters, and a subscription to an AMA newsletter. Saint Leo has a student AMA chapter, and student membership to AMA includes career, professional development, and leadership development resources. Be sure to check out the AMA’s online job board, too.
3. Direct Marketing Association (DMA): This organization for data-driven marketers provides industry news, an online job board, research and white papers (some free, some for a fee), and a digital marketing vendor search. The DMA also has a link to the MarketingEdge website, which includes information on student marketing scholarships.
4. Direct Marketing News: This website touts itself as “the go-to resource for innovative marketers hungry for insight on results-driven strategies and trends to propel their multichannel marketing forward.” Read industry news, blogs, and case studies. Plus, access free webcasts on direct marketing topics.
5. eMarketer: This site has market research on digital media and internet marketing. You can sign up for the eMarketer daily newsletter, which covers industry trends for brand marketers, media executives, publishers, and more.
6. Marketing Land: This site offers internet marketing news, strategies, and tips on analytics, email marketing, content marketing, mobile marketing, and social media marketing. Recent news posts cover topics such as ways to get more from your interactive marketing budget, video ads on Facebook, using Twitter for business, consumer online behavior, and more.
7. MarketingProfs: Get the inside scoop on the latest marketing strategies and tactics. Free content on this site is vetted and written by marketing experts, professors, and trainers. Topics covered include social media, email, content, and search marketing, as well as lead generation and website optimization. Take a look at the 10-minute marketing video tutorials, virtual conferences, and more.
8. MarketingSherpa: This research firm conducts research on all aspects of marketing. It provides news on marketing strategies and tactics, plus videos and free webinars on various marketing topics. Check out its free reports on topics such as marketing analytics, email marketing benchmarks, website optimization, mobile marketing, and tactical approaches to content marketing.
9. Mashable.com: With so much marketing today being done online and on mobile devices, this site can help you stay on top of the latest advances in technology and digital innovation, including social media.
10. MediaBistro: Keep your pulse on what’s happening in the world of media. This site covers topics such as social media, advertising and public relations, TV and video, publishing, design, and technology. Keep an eye on the site’s job board for marketing/PR jobs and internships.
11. The Next Web: Get the latest international news on mobile apps, creativity, design, social media, gadgets, business, culture, and more.
12. Tech Crunch. Stay up-to-date on everything technology-related on this tech news site that gets 14.7 million unique visitors each month. Get info on topics ranging from mobile apps and gadgets to social media and technology companies’ latest developments.
What marketing websites do you visit regularly?
Image Credit: Pierre Metivier
Other posts you may be interested in reading: