If you’re enrolled in Saint Leo’s online psychology degree program, don’t miss the upcoming career and graduate school information webinar.
Are you enrolled in Saint Leo’s online psychology degree program? Great! Not only is exploring the mysteries of the human mind and behavior fascinating, psychology offers a multitude of real-world applications and career paths.
Which begs the question – “What will you do after you graduate?”
Do you want to put your bachelor’s degree to use right away in the work force? Or are you interested in doing counseling of some sort, which would require graduate school?
Either way, it’s never too early to start defining your career goals.
Every term, Saint Leo University associate professor of psychology Dr. Tammy Zacchilli conducts a career and graduate school information session for online psychology students. Ideal for freshmen and sophomore students, it’s an opportunity to learn about careers in psychology as well as the graduate school application process.
The next career and graduate school information webinar for online psychology students will be Thursday, Oct. 10th at 8 p.m. (EST)
During her presentation, Dr. Zacchilli will answer questions such as:
- “What is the GRE?”
- “How do I ask for letters of recommendation from faculty as a online student?”
- “Which field of psychology is right for me?”
- “What can I do with a bachelor’s degree in psychology?”
“I share the most current information about potential career paths and graduate school and provide lots of valuable resources to help students further explore options,” says Dr. Zacchilli.
“Students can ask any questions in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. There’s always great interaction and sharing among participants.”
How to participate in the webinar
- Pre-registration is not required, but it is helpful to Dr. Zacchilli if you e-mail her and let her know you will be attending.
- The session will be held in Dr. Zacchilli’s Blackboard Collaborate Virtual Office at this link: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2009321&password=M.69DC8800A54B06CDA38CD507086516
- In Blackboard Collaborate, you may use a microphone to communicate or the chatroom feature.
- Dr. Zacchilli will provide more information regarding how to use Blackboard Collaborate the beginning of the advising session.
About Dr. Zacchilli
Dr. Zacchilli has been teaching at Saint Leo University on University Campus since 2007 and online since Spring 2009. She has taught a variety of introductory and advanced courses and has developed multiple online psychology courses and a faculty development training course on teaching strategies for online courses. Dr. Zacchilli received her B.S. in psychology with a minor in sociology from Kennesaw State University and her M.S. degree in psychology from Augusta State University. She completed her PhD in experimental social psychology from Texas Tech University in May 2007.
Dr. Zacchilli is currently the faculty advisor for the Psi Chi Psychology Honor Society and co-advisor for the Online Psychology Student Association.
What questions do you have about psychology careers or graduate school that you would like Dr. Zacchilli to address in the webinar?
Other posts you may be interested in reading: